Monday, July 22, 2013

Faroe Islands

Sunfrid Jacobsen's Fish Casserole

This is another recipe I made in July 2013.

The national dish of the Faroe Islands is Puffin Stuffed with Rhubarb.  As I knew I would not be able to find puffin in Minnesota, I searched high and low for other recipes.  What I stumbled across was this travel blog.  I have no idea how traditionally Faroese this recipe is, I do know that it comes from a Faroese family.

It was tasty: rich and creamy.  I'd make it again.

Sunfrid Jacobsen's Fish Casserole

Ingredients:
- 2 lb. Cod
- salt and pepper
- 3 T. oil
- 1 c. cream
- 1/3 c. mustard
- 4 T. ketchup
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. vinegar

Directions:
1) Salt and pepper the fish and place in a baking dish.

2) Combine oil, cream, mustard, ketchup, curry, and vinegar.

3) Pour over fish.

4) Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

5) Serve over potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment